- LAMP (Linux)
- WAMP (Windows)
- XAMP (Multi-platform)
- MAMP (Macintosh)
Operating System: Cross-platform
Browser Support: Google Chrome, Firefox, IE (Internet Explorer 8+), Safari, Opera
Database: MySQL 5.0+
PHP Compatibility: PHP 7+
Once you download the link – https://wordpress.org/download/, you will get to see a screen like the following pictures:
Download the WordPress zip file from the main site
You need to create store Database
- WordPress always need MYSQL database. You have to create a new empty database with a user/password. (For example, user as “root” and password as “root” or else you can set as per your convenience).
- Then, you can continue with the installation procedures as discussed.
You have to set up wizard
You can easily set up WordPress for your system. Follow the following steps to set up WordPress Locally on your system…
Step (1):First you need to download the wordless folder and then upload it into your localhost or web server.
Step (2):Open your browser and navigate to your WordPress file path, then you will get the first screen of the WordPress installer as shown in the following screen. In our case, the path is localhost/< Your_WordPress_folder >.
You have to choose the language for this WordPress site and then need to click on continue option.
Step (3):Before you go to the WordPress installation, you can check further information that requires the database.
Then click on the let’s go option.
Step (4):You will find here a form where you need to fill up the information related to the MYSQL database. Check the following picture.
Fill the following details
- Username – you have to enter here your MYSQL user name
- Database name – In the MYSQL database, previously you have created database name, you have to put here that name.
- Password – enter that MYSQL database password here.
- Table prefix – in the database table, you have to add some prefix which assist to run several websites by using the same database.
Then click on the submit option
Step (5): After submitting the form, WordPress will check the database and provide you a confirmation that you may run the installation bar now.
Then you have to click on run the installation option.
Step 6 – you have to put now all administration related information.
You have to fill up the following details–
- Website title – first you need to choose a site name.
- Username – during login, you have to choose a username
- Password twice – to make more protection, you have to enter two times the same password.
- Your email id -you have to put an email id, where recovery password or updated information will come.
- Privacy – it permits a search engine to index your website properly after checking in. after complete form fills up, you have to submit the form.
Step (7):once you install successful, you will get a screen with complete information.
You will also check here your username and password details.
You can view your username and password detail added in WordPress.
Then click on the login option.
Step (8): once you put username and password, WordPress will redirect and open the dashboard.
You have to now enter the username and password and then log in.
installation as shown in step 6 and click on the Log In button.