In this chapter, we will study General Settings in WordPress. WordPress’s general setting is used to set the basic configuration settings for your site. In the setting administration screen, it is a default setting screen.
Following are the steps to access the general settings −
Step 1 − Click on the Settings → General option in WordPress.
Step 2 − The General Setting page is displayed as shown in the following snapshot.
- Site Title − It displays the name of the site in the template header.
- Tagline − Displays a short sentence about your site.
- WordPress Address (URL) − It is the URL of WordPress directory where your all core application files are present.
- Site Address(URL) − Enter the site URL which you want your site to display on the browser.
- E-mail Address − Enter your e-mail address which helps to recover your password or any update.
- Membership − Anyone can register an account on your site after you check this checkbox.
- New User Default Role − The default role is set for the newly registered user or members.
- Timezone − Sets the time zone based on a particular city.
- Date Format − Sets the date format as you need to display on the site.
- Time Format − Sets the time format as you need to display on the site.
- Week Starts On − Select the weekday which you prefer to start for WordPress calendar. By default, it is set as Monday.
- Site Language − Sets the language for the WordPress dashboard.
Step3 − After filling all the information about general settings, click on the Save Changes button. It saves all your general setting information.